Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Reflection of Creating This Book Review Blog

It has been so beneficial for me to create this blog of my reviews of children's books. As a teacher student it is very important that I know about as much children's literature as possible so that I can introduce my students to stories that they will love and books that will help teach them reading strategies and lead to great writing opportunities. Along this process I have discovered some really great books, series, and authors that I will be sure to keep in my personal library and in my class rooms in the future. I am inspired to continue reviewing as many books as I can from now on, continuously through out my career as an educator.
Some of the books I have included in this blog I discovered in the library, and others I found while researching different genres on the Internet. I made it a point to put a lot of thought into the books I selected, paying attention to genres and ways to integrate language arts into other subjects such as science, social studies, and math.
Now that I have discovered new authors that I like there will be many other books that I will look for from those writers, and I will continue to explore new ones. I believe that having my students create a blog like this would be a great way for them to discover new authors and genres as well. Hopefully it will lead them to find authors and/or series that they especially like and will stick with so that they continue to enjoy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment